It’s the basic for the professional writer, even so, some of beginers resist to accept the industry standard, and this sort of attitude is not so smart, because we know all the competition and professional screewriting festival has as prerequisite the formatting and the use of the consecrated screewriting software in the market, and we don’t need to talk about the film companies, cinema studios and the TV channels. They aren’t wrong when they do this kind of requirement.
All the market has its rules, all the product needs a solid base to offer a minimum of quality in its development, or would you like to pay off for a manufactured food whithout the minimum of the quality control, for example? I woudn’t like this.
Below follows a list with 5 most popular screenwriting software; but, I have to do an alert: the most used and more accept in the market calls:
- Scrivener: is a word processor and project management tool created specifically for writers of long texts, such as novels and research papers. It won’t try to tell you how to write; it just makes all the tools you have scattered around your desk available in one application. Read more: writersstore.com/scrivener/
- Movie Magic Scheduling 6: your production schedule is the essential tool that takes your project from script to actionable plan. This software offers a range of tools you won’t find in any other scheduling software. Workflows are designed to incorporate the time-tested concepts of the Strip board while offering a variety of scenarios to consider: different shoot lengths, re-ordered scenes, comparisons in location, and more. Read more: writersstore.com/movie-magic-scheduling-software/
- Final Draft 10: when you’re ready to write a screenplay, you want only the best screenwriting software to help you get to from initial concept to FADE OUT. The all-new Final Draft 10—the number-one-selling software designed specifically to write scripts for film, television, and theater. It automatically formats and paginates your script to Industry standards with just two simple keystrokes while you write. Read more:writersstore.com/final-draft-screenwriting-software/
- Movie Magic Budgeting: this software easily and accurately produces professional budgets for projects of any and all sizes. An innovative cost estimation tool used by production teams around the world, it features an intuitive format designed with an awareness of the complexities of production and the ever-changing issues facing finance professionals. Read more: writersstore.com/movie-magic-budgeting-software/
- Save The Cat! Screenplay Structure: structure your screenplay the Save the Cat! way, with the method used by one of Hollywood’s most successful spec screenwriters. Based on Blake Snyder’s best-selling book, Save the Cat! The Last Screenwriting Book You’ll Ever Need, this revised and updated screenwriting software guides you through the complete story development process, step-by-step, from title to logline. Read more: writersstore.com/save-the-cat-screeenplay-structure-software/
Of course, all of them cost money, and many times the beginning writer has no money. Thinking in this possible I decided to present here the most free used software by the beginners, the Celtx.
You may acces the link below, create your account on the Celtx site, and after that, enjoy the online screenwriting platform. Don’t worry, you can take off your screenplays from there when they are ready, using the tool: “Export to PDF”.
Access here the link to create an account on Celtx and start your career: (https://www.celtx.com/index.html)